Thursday 4 January 2024

Day '7' 

Carnforth to Carlisle Walk 

Eamont Bridge to Langwathby

11miles 1100ft

Setting off from Eamont Bridge over the river Eamont
Looking east as I walk north to Penrith
Entering Penrith through Castle Park....
....the 'Black Angel Memorial is dedicated to those who lost their lives in the Boer war
A section of the remains of Penrith Castle....
....and again
Descending into the town centre with Beacon hill on the horizon....
....and looking back to Penrith as I start to climb Beacon hill
Looking down to the town to the West....
....but thankfully the sun comes out as I reach the summit beacon 938ft.....
Looking West again to the lakeland fells....
....before starting the descent to the river Eden valley
So this is what's meant by a 'multi storey car park'!
Lunch time in the village of Edenhall
Leaving Edenhall I took the path through the Edenhall estate passing St Cuthbert's 13th century church on the way to the river Eden....
...one of the sculptures on the 'River Eden Way' path
A section of the path as I walk towards to Langwathby
The bridge crossing the Eden on my way....
....after which I left the river to visit 

'Long Meg & her Daughters' Druidic Circle' 

the largest of its kind in the country

....and again...
Finally arriving in my destination, Langwathby
Despite yet another rainy day forecasted this was actually a great day's walk without rain and with plenty of interest

No comments:

Post a Comment