Tuesday 26 December 2023

A Nicky Nook Circuit

Western Bowland fells 

4 miles 600ft

After parking near Scorton my friend Jim and I headed off up the path to the top of Nicky Nook.
We paused here for a look back to Morecambe bay....
....and again from a little higher 
A very short detour off the path leads to this lovely little pool.... 
....and again
Still only early afternoon but the sun was reflecting in the same pool....
....and again
Another detour took us to this memorial cairn. It commemorates the Golden Jubilee of Queen Victoria 1887....
....and was restored and re-commemorated for the  Golden Jubilee of Queen Elizabeth II 2002

Nearing Nicky Nook summit....
.....now at its trig point 702ft
Strating the descent into Grisedale valley....
.....and again
The final stretch of path following the beck on the way back to the car.
I had a text from my friend Jim suggesting we have a local boxing day afternoon walk over Nicky Nook.
As it happened I'd no plans for a walk this week as the weather forecast had been awful.  However today did look like being a decent afternoon for a walk, so I readily agreed.
Thanks Jim for a very enjoyable afternoon....


No comments:

Post a Comment