Wednesday 8 November 2023

Day '5' Carnforth to Carlisle

Kirkstone Pass to Aira Force 

Ullswater

13.5 Miles 2000ft

Setting off from the Kirkstone Inn at the top of the pass
My route took me past the 'Kirk Stone' before descending towards Patterdale
Brotherswater with Angle Tarn pikes 
Crossing Caiston beck
Hart crag & Dove crag catching the sun
Approaching Brotherswater....
....and again with Angle Tarn pikes....
....and Brotherswater again
Looking back to Dovedale having crossed the valley to Hartsop hamlet
Crossing the waterfalls on Angle Tarn beck
After taking this photo I dropped my brother's camera into the water, it was completely waterlogged and useless!!!!!
Mobile phone to the rescue as I approached Patterdale!
....and Ullswater
The ferry had just left Glenridding pier
Looking down into Glenridding as I climbed Glenridding Dodd
Looking north to Ullswater from the summit...
....and south to Patterdale
Descending to 'Seldom Seen' in Glencoyne....
....then to the side of Ullswater to join the Ullswater way to Aira force
Arriving at the cafe at Aira force for my lift back to Kirkstone
A wonderful day's walking  with some great Autumn colour adding to the pleasure.
(Shame about my brother's camera)

No comments:

Post a Comment