Tuesday 19 October 2021

A Carlin Gill circuit 11 miles 2500ft

No more Wainwrights to climb, so I thought  I would have a look at a few of the Howgill fells around Carlin Gill - 


Setting off from under the Lowgill
disused Sedbergh to Tebay 
railway viaduct 

Crossing the river Lune at Beckfoot

Today's first climb -  Whins End 1260ft 

Looking over the Lune valley back to Lowgill Viaduct

The M6 motorway following the valley

I passed some wild Howgill ponies on the climb up Linghaw 1067ft

 'The spout' waterfall near the top of Carlin Gill

Looking down the length of Carlin Gill...

 ...and up towards my next climb to Uldale Head 1706ft

I had a last chance to look down Carlin Gill before the cloud and
rain arrived!

After descending Uldale Head in a downpour, I joined the path
following the River Lune....

....and stopped for lunch in the shelter
of a large Sycamore 
tree....

 ....before crossing back over the River Lune on the return to the car.




























car


                         

No comments:

Post a Comment