Tuesday 11 June 2024

The Windermere Way South East section Windermere  to Fell Foot Park

14.5miles 2200ft

Setting off from near the Railway Station in Windermere....
.....following paths to....
Windermere lakeside at Millerground
Looking across to the Langdale Pikes....
....and south to Bowness marina
Some hardy souls were taking an early morning dip!
Not for me thankyou!!
Entering Bowness I passed the Royal Oak which is the official start or finish of the Dales Way long distance path...
....81 miles to Ilkey, my brother and I completed this some years ago in the opposite direction
I followed the Dales Way as far Brant fell....
....from where after admiring the views....
I set off south continuing on the Windermere Way stopping here....
....at Lindeth tarn for my morning break. There then followed several miles of ups and downs through attractive pastureland, and passing Scout Adventures Great Towers, and Park Cliffe farm caravan and camp site....
....and then climbing through Blake plantation where I rested and using my bird indentifying app I listened to the song of Willow Warblers, Wood Warblers, Mistle Thrush and Wren before...
....arriving at Gummers How summit trig point
Looking north up lake Windermere....
....and below to Lakeside ferry and Steam Railway station before the final walk down....
....to Fell Foot park on the lakeside near Newby Bridge....
....where the facilities include the marina....
....and lakeside cafe.
A wonderful low level day's walking with lots of interest and great views


No comments:

Post a Comment