Thursday 6 July 2023

Borrowdale 

A circuit from Grange Bridge including Castle Crag, High Spy via Lobstone Door,  Eel Crags, Maiden Moor & Manesty on Derwentwater, 10miles 2900ft

I discovered another "Borrowdale Banksy" today but to keep its location secret I've put its photos at the beginning  rather than where it occurs on my route. Some folk like to destroy them!

A Borrowdale Banksy right in the heart of Borrowdale this time....
....and again
Note the 'mini' Banksy to the side!
....and again
Leaving Grange village as the sun appeared over the fells to the east
The path leading to Castle Crag
This quarry lies half way up the path to the summit 
Derwentwater from the summit 951ft.... the lowest of the 214 Wainwrights
....and Walla Crag with Blencathra behind
Now looking south to Rosthwaite  
Looking back at Castle Crag as I gained height on my route to High Spy via Lobstone Door....
....and south to Greenup Edge and Ullscarth
As I arrived at High Spy summit 2142ft I met this group of lads who were doing their Duke of Edingburgh's Award hike over 4 days. They were from Guernsey!

I then back tracked across the summit to Eel Crags for these views to Dale Head Crags and the upper Newlands valley....
....and again
Grange Bridge where my car is parked as I followed Narrow Ridge to Maiden Moor
A rain shower arrived as I arrived at Maiden Moor with Bassenthwaite lake in view....
.....but it soon cleared as I descended to the Hause before Cat Bells
Lunch time above Derwentwater....
.....before continuing the descent to Manesty
Derwentwater with Skiddaw behind
Finally arriving back at Grange Bridge
A little short on the sunshine today but nevertheless a very enjoyable walk with the bonus of finding another "Borrowdale Banksy"

No comments:

Post a Comment