Wednesday 16 November 2022

A last attempt to find a Borrowdale Banksy: Barf fell & 'The Bishop' followed by a climb up Carlsleddam, 7.5miles 2400ft   

I'd heard about a 'Banksy' stone sculpture being on Barf (fell) above Bassenthwaite. Barf is also known for its white painted large rock found high up on the fell and visible from Keswick. Hoping to combine the two objectives, here I found myself  looking down to Bassenthwaite from Barf..... 
.....and up to the Bishop ahead.....
....getting closer

Standing beside the Bishop....
....looking east towards Keswick & Derwentwater....

....and north to Skiddaw in cloud...
.....and west to Bassenthwaite
Leaving the Bishop behind I then searched the area looking for the Banksy without success! I then reluctantly descended and crossed the valley for my next climb Carlsleddam
Carlsleddam is just one of the many subsidiary summits of Skiddaw.....
.....looking down on the village of Millbeck....
.....it's reknowned for its view south to Derwentwater but today it wasn't the best weather for distant views
The heather clad summit of Carlsleddam
Starting the descent into Slades gill.....
.....looking back with cloud now touching the summit

A final panorama with some Autumn colour at the end of the descent. 
Alas no Banksy today and I'm not looking any further, maybe I'll just come across one while I'm out on the fells sometime! 

No comments:

Post a Comment