Wednesday 22 December 2021

Sail Pass and more...

I intended walking the Coledale Round today but on reaching 
Sail Pass and seeing the cloud cover on all the summits I intended to climb, I decided to stay on a lower level walk. 

Sail Pass, Outerside, Stile End & Whinlatter Forest Park. 10miles 3000ft

Leaving the car parked near the hamlet of Stair in Newlands 

Looking back down Stony Croft Beck

Looking back down Coledale from near the top of Sail Pass

Derwentwater and Keswick from the summit of Outerside with the

route ahead down the ridge 


The panorama view in the opposite direction where the summits of

the Coledale Round were all under cloud


Looking back to Outerside and Stile End as I came down Coledale 

The village of Braithwaite below

Bassenthwaite lake as I climbed up to the Whinlatter visitor centre

The path winds up through some lovely scenery in the Forest Park 

ditto

ditto

Grisedale Pike with it's summit still in cloud and the path I

intended to come down if I'd continued with the Coledale Round


The visitor centre includes a shop seen here but also has many

other attractions including a café, cycle hire & Go Ape amongst others


'm not sure what bird is shown here in this metal sculpture

 

No comments:

Post a Comment