Friday 11 October 2024

Castlerigg to Lodore (Keswick)

On the look out for some Autumn colour

11miles 2000ft

Setting off from Castlerigg stone circle just before sunrise
Here it comes.....
.....well almost
My first climb took me to the top of Walla crag, a very popular walk from Keswick, however I had it all to myself this morning
Derwentwater from Walla crag....
....again sat on the summit for coffee and flapjack!
Zooming in on Lord's island & Friar's crag with Nichol End marina behind
Keswick with Skiddaw behind
I then walked south towards Watendlath.....
 ......stopping here at 'Surprise View' looking down on the Lodore Hotel where I would be finishing the walk later in the day

The round the lake ferry had just left the Lodore landing


Looking south further into Borrowdale
My route then descended to Watendlath beck....
....and again
The Autumn colours were looking good here
Arriving at Watendlath tarn for lunch....

....and again....


I then had a final climb to Brund fell summit.... 

....then descended into Troutdale....
I followed the lakeside path to the Lodore pier....  
.....and finally the Lodore Hotel
The wait until Thursday for my weekly walk was definitely a good decision, it was by far the best weather day this week. 
Another wonderful day's walking in the ever attractive Lakeland scenery


 

No comments:

Post a Comment